If you are considering hiring removalists then this list contains all the information that you need to know.
- Go throughout your home and make a list of all the large items that you have. This may seem quite time-consuming but if this is already done for the removalists then it is a service that you don’t need to pay them for.
- See how many small items you can fit in the boxes that you will be using for your move. You should try to get as much as possible in each box but you don’t want to make them too heavy that the box may break. Estimate how many boxes you will use for each room in your house.
- Carry out these two steps in your garage.
- Repeat the same process for your back and front yards.
- There are a number of places where you can search for local movers. You can look in the phone book or search online and it is also a good idea to ask family and friends if they have any recommendations. When you have a list of removalists that you want to call you should think about what your needs are for the move and what services you will require.
This will allow you to get accurate quotes from all the companies so that you can properly compare prices. You may contact a company that provides multiple removalist quotes. Check the Find Removalists Facebook Page or contact Find Removalists on Twitter for more information.
- Call every company on your shortlist. If you are not satisfied with anything you hear from the companies on this list then you should call some more. You need to be completely happy with the choice that you have made so there is no problems with calling a lot of companies until you find the right one.
- Color coding all the boxes for one room can make things much easier when you are unpacking. This can be done by getting colored paper and taping it securely to each box. This system is often better than just writing the name of the room on the box because each box can be identified much quicker. This is also the system that many moving companies use.
- You need to let your movers know what your priority items are. This will ensure that these items get the attention from the movers that you want them to have. Remember that your partner may have something different in mind as their priority item so you should talk to them first so you can discuss both items with the movers.
- You should offer refreshments to your removalists but remember that offering alcohol is a no-go. At least one of the movers will be driving and everyone else needs to keep their focus to ensure that your items are well looked after. Cold drinks, hot drinks and energy drinks are the best choice.
- If you are happy with the service that you have received then be sure to leave a positive review online. This only takes a few minutes and it is sure to be appreciated by the company. Movers take pride in their work and it is rewarding for them to know that the customer thinks that they have done a good job.
I hope these 10 tips will be very useful for you while moving houses. You would also be interested in reading our blog post on how to spot and avoid rogue removalists.